Minibuses full of people turned away from illegal rave in Surrey
Written by worlddancefm on 7th May 2021
Two minibuses full of people were turned away as police shut down an illegal rave in Surrey.
Officers were called to Merstham on Saturday May 24 after being told there were ‘30 to 40 people’ on a footpath under the M23.
Three fixed penalty notices were handed out to party goers for breaching coronavirus restrictions and two others were summonsed for obstructing traffic as they ran across the motorway.
A 55-year-old man was also arrested for driving under the influence of drugs.
Detective Chief Inspector Richard Haycock said: “Although there were reports of 30 to 40 people present, there were only about six to eight people when we got there and no music playing.
“However, the equipment found would suggest that an illegal rave had been planned.
“As restrictions lift, it is only natural that people want to start socialising again.
“However, we will not tolerate reckless behaviour and illegal gatherings, and encourage the public to stick to current Covid regulations.”