Police issue a warning about pink teddy bear ‘ecstasy’ pills
Written by worlddancefm on 9th March 2017
A warning has been issued about pink teddy bear pills, thought to be ecstasy, after four 13-year-old girls fell ill at the weekend.
They were taken to hospital after swallowing them in Wythenshawe, South Manchester, according to Sky News, but have now been discharged.
Greater Manchester Police are yet to confirm what the tablets contain, but are asking for anyone to come across them – shaped as a teddy bear (as seen in the image above) – to make contact.
Detective Inspector Gareth Davies said: “This could have caused devastation for several families and, as with any illegal drug, there can be serious or even fatal consequences if you use them.
“We don’t know exactly what these particular tablets contain and I would urge you not to take them. If you are offered drugs, particularly ones which are a pink and purple colour and have teddy markings on them, then please contact police.”
An 18-year old man has been arrested for the supply of Class A drugs, the BBC reports.
North Wales Police also issued a warning in December after two men were taken to hospital after taking pills with a similar description.